CIBC Student Credit Card Review – Dividend Visa
The CIBC Dividend Visa Card for Students is a no-fee credit card. It’s from the CIBC student credit card lineup and is specifically tailored to students who have low/no income.
It earns post-secondary students cash back on all purchases. There is no annual income required and the card will pay up to 2% cash back on grocery purchases and up to 1% cash back on everything else.
Here are the actual details on the cash back as it is not as cut and dry as most non-student cards:
- Earn 2% cash back on your first $6,000 worth of groceries
- Earn 0.5% cash back on your first $6,000 of all other purchases
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases over $6,000
It feels like there are some more restrictions to getting the higher rates of cash back, but this is a student card so likely we are talking about little to no income.
- Annual Fee: $0
- Interest Rate (purchases): 19.99%
- Cash Advance and Balance Transfer Interest Rate: 22.99%
Benefits of this Card:
- No limit on the total cash back you can earn
- Helps establish your credit history
- $100,000 Common Carrier Accident Insurance
- Purchase Security and Extended Protection Insurance
Learn more about the CIBC Dividend Visa Card for Students.
This CIBC student credit card is a decent option for students. Bottom line? As a student, it can be hard to get credit, let alone a card that will give you rewards. This card has no income requirements and I think it’s got pretty decent cash back. Even if you are only earning 0.5% cash back on the majority of your purchases, you are still ahead of the game.